Thread: Taylor 214ce
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM

Pete, I've been all over the place in a search for a acoustic guitar that has great playability and acoustic tone. I just returned a T5 that was on loan from a local music store. The playability was to die for. but that's where it stopped for me. I couldn't get anything I liked out of the Fishman Solo or AC60.

I've played everything from the Doyle Dykes model, LTD's, 900's, on down to the Big Baby. After wearing my fingers out over the last month or so, I've come to the conclusion I'm going for a 100 series or 200 series Taylor. I know everyone says "For The Money", but its so much more for me. I'm willing to pay a lot more. And don't get me wrong, the high end Taylors sound better for sure, but not all of them and not that much better. It comes down to playability for me. For what ever reason, the necks on the 100's and 200's are easier for me to play. I've been having trouble with my left hand (arthritis) and it's not a good guitar if you have trouble playing it.

The only thing I'm still confused about is the electronics end. Should I buy one of the "E" models, the ES models or have an after market pickup system installed. I'd like to be able to use a D-Tar Mama Bear or Fishman Aura with it through the Solo. I want it to sound as good as possible.