View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidplum View Post

- Will Canadian shops give a lower price to those willing to haggle?

Reid
Where I live there are a lot of music stores and many of them will go lower on price.

As I mentioned above, I got 200 off a 1200 amp by making one phone call because the previous shop would not reduce their price.

Recently picked up a Martin custom shop dread that was already discounted to 3,500 but I said how about 3,000 and they agreed no problem.

Some places won't move on price but there's usually someone who will. You just have to make sure you are talking to the person in the shop who has authority.

Prices are going up but when I got my 2012 D18 back in 2012 it was 2 grand even and I didn't haggle that because it was the only one in town and the US price wasn't much better if you factored in shipping and brokerage plus I actually got to play the guitar before buying which was worth what ever price difference remained.

Probably depends where you are in the country though and it's a big place so one rule won't apply. I live n Toronto which is pretty much like any large city in North America - whatever you need you can usually find it.