View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenumber2 View Post
The J-50 and J-35 are 2 different guitars. The Emmylou Harris sig model, which already exists, is the L-200 which is a smaller version of the J200. But yes, the J-35 is now a standard production model. What do you think of it?
Well aware of the difference between a real j35 and a real j50, and I'm a little confused as to why they opted to "misname" the new one. As for Emmylou, it won't be a signature model at any point per se (as the J200-ish one already is) but this was basically a guitar they built for her and then decided to make into a production model. Or so I was told at the store.

All that said, it's a hell of a guitar. I did a rehearsal tonight with it and it sounded and felt great. Can't wait to see how it goes this weekend. Not sure about the pickup - it's an LR Baggs and those are just fine I suppose but with a J35/J45 I really prefer the Fishman sound hole pickup. A buddy has a real J35 and I've always been super jealous. Kind of like a younger brother version of my J45. Sounds fantastic. I was a little bummed when I found out that this was really a J50 because I'd have loved a smaller guitar, but I played it and decided pretty quickly that it was among the best of the slope shoulder dreads I've played. And I've played a lot of them... $1500 well spent. This guitar is going to see a lot of use. At least 125 gigs a year probably.