View Single Post
Old 10-22-2001, 04:35 AM

Post VH1's Fan Club show on Dave Matthews...more Taylors..

Did anyone happen to watch that show a few hours ago? While they showed TONS of concert file footage(with him playing his signature Martin), ALL, I repeat, ALL of the new footage, including still photos of posters, concert photos, and media-type candids showed him holding/playing/walking with/being handed a Taylor!

The two predominant models were his 714E and the 914CE we all have known and talked about much. But in a few bits of concert footage, I saw him playing a 914CE with a Florentine cutaway! Everytime I saw footage or a still photo of him with his 714, I cheered out loud! It's good to know that such a talented musician like DM chooses to play the same model guitar as the one I've got sitting less than five feet away from me!

They played more concert footage with sound when he was on the 914CE than with the Martin. But after hearing both in a live setting(through the TV that is) I have to agree with Dave, the 914CE sounds 10 times better live. Full, robust, crisp, well-defined tone. What I would give to see that group of unfairly talented musicians live......