View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
I would be very disappointed with a new high-end guitar like this with such QC issues. No excuse for that.

I also believe the (however many point) inspection by Sweetwater is misleading at best. In my experience, unless you pay for a thorough setup, you are basically getting a guitar in a box, same way you would get one from MF, et al. I bought an unplayable guitar from them once. When I called to straighten it out they tried to sell me locking tuners and encouraged me to get the guitar set up. I naively assumed (because they use it as a major selling point) that the guitar was gone over by them and sent to me ready to use. When I returned it, they put it back on their site for sale with no mention of the tuning instability or issues of unplayability.

It left me wondering what exactly was their multi-point inspection on that guitar?
“Hey, it’s got some strings on it.” Check!
“Looks like a guitar!” Check!

I won’t buy anything from them again.
I have to ask, are you talking about used guitars or are you saying guitars are coming from manufacturers that are unplayable until they’re set up? That’s not been my experience. I do agree that a lot of multi point inspection check lists be it guitars or cars are visual

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28