View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 07:48 PM

This thread was one of the few things that came up when I was looking for discussion on the FRH10N.

I bought one recently for a pit orchestra musical theatre run. I've had the guitar now for almost a month and I can't put it down!

I'll add a few things to this super-informative thread:
  • Mine came with a super fast, nearly-flat neck, low action (low E @ 2.5 mm above 12th fret), excellent intonation.
  • I'm not a classical player, so I appreciated how natural the 46mm nut felt when switching between nylon, steel, and electrics during shows.
  • Most importantly, it sounds incredible FOH run through a Helix with a simple acoustic IR (Cordoba from 3 Sigma).
  • I thought fit and finish was reasonable given its price tag. Fretwork felt perfect in the humidified acoustic guitar room of the store, but after a month in the much drier environment of my home, it has since developed a touch of sprout.
I also spent quite a bit of time at the shop comparing this FRH10N to a beautiful new Godin Multiac Mundial in Arctik Blue. No doubt, the fit and finish of the Godin was a cut above, as was the Godin's tone-shaping controls and raw plugged-in sound. The FRH10N was louder unplugged, though.

So while I walked into the music store ready to buy a Multiac, I ended up walking out with this FRH10N. It's almost one-third the price and really has no business sounding this good FOH.