View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM

Default Entry Level Guitars

LARRY J,

Without using dollar amounts (which I wish we could, not sure what the hangup is on dollars after all that's what it all comes down to for everyone) but that said, I suppose we're all in the same general range, I'm not talking about the guitar you might buy your four year old to hold in photos but a decent beginner for teens to and intermediate guitar something maybe even most of us could still get a some use out of for little money. I think of the next higher level as those using more solid woods and higher end electronics and tuners I suppose.

I guess the Yamaha's, Taks, Taylor and Voyage Air get the bulk of votes and maybe one for Epiphone. I played an Epi Hummingbird and I'll tell you if I never played the Gibson version - other than the tuners which were a bit of a challenge to operate I might not know the difference and they are really sharp looking to boot although I picked up another and wasn't quite as crisp and clear sounding.

also
I met a guy at GC last weekend and he was in the amrket for Voya air and said he been to a number of stores and couldn't find anyone that carried them let alone ever hearing of htem. So who carries them?