Thread: Klos guitars
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 10:04 PM

Default Klos Guitar

I recently bought a Klos acoustic electric guitar via a Kickstarter campaign...it took a few months to arrive...I believe I paid $579.00: included cheapie case, cheapie capo, and a nice Klos logo ski cap...it was very poorly packed, with no padding in the box, and the box was just barely taped up...thankfully there was no damage: maybe a testament to it's durability...I thought the construction and materials were good, and it is finished nicely, with smooth frets...it actually played quite well...what I didn't like was the positioning of the volume and tone controls: they were essentially under the strings rather at the side of the sound hole...also the positioning of the upper strap peg made it difficult to attach a strap...when plugged in the volume across the strings wasn't very even, and I had a hard time getting good EQ levels (I tried several different amps as well as a Boss EQ pedal)...unplugged it had a pleasant sound, with not a great amount of volume, probably similar to a Martin LX series...I didn't keep it very long: sold it rather quickly on Craigslist to someone on the West Coast, who seemed to really like it...I cannot say it's a professional instrument, but it is very playable and with it's size and construction would be good for travel, around the campfire, or keeping in the car...they also say that you can remove the neck by taking out the 4 bolts that attach the neck to the body...I don't think it is something you would want to do too many times...it doesn't work like a Journey or Voyage-air...regarding fit and finish, I own 2 Rainsong guitars and there is a world of difference in quality between Rainsong and Klos...and regarding price, I think I might've felt more comfortable paying maybe around $400.00 for the Klos guitar...so that's my two cents worth...
Gibson J-35
Larrivee Parlour
Martin Dreadnaught Jr.
Rainsong Shorty
Taylor GS Mini-e Mahogany
Yamaha FSX700SC
Cordoba 20 tm-ce Ukulele
Mitchell Baritone Ukulele
Taylor GS MINI e bass