View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:05 AM

Default Please recommend guitars with a thin & narrow neck (NO Taylors)

Hi, I bought a Taylor 110E online after a month of searching online and reading many good reviews about it and for its thin narrow neck and low action. But I was very disappointed when I played it, the sound was way too bright and tinny and lacked warmth and "depth" and was impossible to record with. I thought it would mellow with time but it hasn't after 4 months of playing. I'm not exaggerating when I say I regret buying it.. for the overly bright and tinny sound and the fact that I'm a beginner who paid $700 for a guitar that is completely the opposite of what I wanted.

So I decided to buy another guitar but I'm not sure what to buy.
I'm looking for a guitar with a thin and narrow neck, that has a warm, deep and rich sound.. something that is the opposite of the Taylor guitar sound as the overly bright sound of Taylors obviously isn't my taste.

I play mostly strumming, and my budget is $500 to $700.
I liked the sound of a low-end Seagull I saw on Youtube but I can't remember the model.

My purchase will be based on your recommendations as all the guitar stores in my area have a limited selection of guitars.
Thank you in advanced