View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 12:02 AM

I have 4 that will never be sold, only passed on after my death.

First is the only guitar I've ever bought new. Gibson-Epiphone PR7ERS ordered directly from Gibson when I taught lessons at a music store. I am the only owner of that guitar, its serial number is shown in Gibson's archives as being ordered by me, delivered to the store in Springfield, Ohio. Same guitar as the one Ace Frehley played on MTV Unplugged (not that I'm a KISS fan or even a fan of his).

1976 Stratocaster hardtail natural, all original with OHSC, bought bought for $300 in 1994. First electric guitar, hit a home run on this one.

Epiphone Rivoli, MIJ bolt on. Not a very collectible piece, but I bought it for $150 and put another couple hundred in it getting the neck block fixed by Dan Erliwine. OHSC, shows a lot of wear, but I love it. Very nice playing bass, TONE for days!

My first (and only completed partscaster), started life as a Sammick strat copy. Bought for $30 in a pawnshop, swapped the pointy Sammick neck for a large headstock Fender neck, replaced all the hardware and swapped a BWB pickguard, Lace Sensor reds, and custom installed a Graph Tech Ghost piezo saddle system in- separate volumes and a mini 3 way switch, so I can blend the piezo and magneetic signals. Real TONE machine! Would like to hang on to this one, since its my first put together and a real sweet playing piece.

Everything else if I still have them when I do go quietly into the great goodnight will either be willed to friends/family (hopefully I have children by then), or probably sold off to settle my estate.