Thread: Yamaha
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 AM

Yammieplaya, I just received my new FG700S from Elderly's a few days ago and couldn't be more pleased. I used to own a pretty decent stable of mostly mid to high end Martins and unfortunatley had to sell them all last year to survive financially. I'm barley getting my head above water again and wanted to get at least one guitar back in the house. I will admit that I was a "Martin snob" and wouldn't have even considered "contaminating" my Martin stable with a Yamaha. I am very happy to report that I am over my Martin snobbery and have come to realize after many years and thousand and thousands of dollar spent on high end guitars, that a pretty dawg gone decent guitar can be had from Yamaha for a mere 200 bones. The fit and finish on my particular FG700S is impeccable and the tone is very pleasing to my ears. It doesn't have that deep Martin bass whomp but it has enough. And it plays exceedingly smoothly. I think with a few moderatley priced after market mods at some point down the road like a bone nut & saddle and maybe a set of buffalo horn bridge pins, I may be able to jack up the tone even better. But I am simply amazed at the great tone and quality workmanship of the FG700S right out of the box. I'm in the Yammie camp and I'm here to stay!