View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler View Post
I own 2 Larrivees and an Eastman. But all three are different sizes, so the comparison isn't quite fair. My AC 308 is akin to the size of a Taylor GC. The Larrivee OM-03R is a little larger and the 00 is obviously smaller than both the others.

The Larrivee OM has more of a rich tone to it, but the Eastman has more bass. Noticeably so. But that bass rests on a boxier sound all and all. And even saying that, it's hard to call the tone of my Eastman boxy. For what I paid for it, I cannot flatter this guitar enough. The price differential between this particular Eastman (bought on Ebay NOS, though marketed as used) and my Larrivee (bought new) was much larger than the quality differential you might expect. But again, circumstances of purchase weren't apples to apples. The AC model is discontinued and the price reflected that.

To simply answer the question, I prefer the Larrivee tone. Oh, and the finish on my Eastman is very ding prone. That complaint from others has been born out for me, too.
oh, this thread is opening for you