View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 08:16 AM

Default NGD Klos Travel Guitar

As I've gotten older, I've been experiencing discomfort in my shoulder and back. Between that ... and some planned travel in the coming months, I wanted to try something different.

A close friend of mine owns the Klos Dread, which feels slightly smaller than a typical dreadnought due to its rounded back. I was incredibly impressed by its lightweight construction, resonance, and excellent setup. That's why I decided to take the plunge and get its smaller counterpart, the Klos Travel Guitar.

I'm about to embark on several business trips in the upcoming weeks, and I wanted a guitar that could accompany me. The Klos Travel Guitar comes with a detachable neck and can easily fit into a backpack when disassembled. I was able to assemble and tune it up within 5 minutes, and I found the neck joint to be incredibly sturdy. The guitar feels lightweight and resonant. I opted for the tone port upgrade and had the Fishman Sonitone pickup installed in case I decide to plug in at some point.

First and foremost, I want to emphasize that this is one of the finest playing instruments I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I'm not sure if it's the fretwork, neck profile, or string width, but there's something about this guitar (as well as my friend's Klos Dread) that sets it apart as top-tier. It rivals the setup of guitars from PRS USA Core, Collings, Suhr, and others. The guitar practically plays itself.

In terms of tone, the Travel Guitar delivers a sound similar to most smaller body guitars. It's undoubtedly a compromise compared to the rich, full-bodied tone of a larger wooden dreadnought. However, as you play it, you need to ask yourself if you prioritize extreme portability and durability or the absolute best tone possible. The Travel Guitar offers exceptional portability and durability. I'm excited to put it through its paces as I anticipate encountering bumps and bruises during my travels.

Anyway, here are some photos. They are definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for an incredibly durable, consistent, and well-made guitar.

pic uploader