View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 PM

Default So I walk into the guitar store...

...to look at one of those Peterson tuners. I figured while I'm there I'd check out the acoustic room, big mistake. The first thing I see is a Martin 000-18GE. Best fingerpicking guitar I've ever played. That thing was sweet, responsive is an understatement. I spin around to see this golden, honey colored, sweet looking top on a Martin dread. A second glance and I knew it was a new D18. I've played a few of them and everyone I've seen has had a great looking top, but I've never seen one that was an aged looking honey brown color. Pick it up to get a closer look and whoa!, the top on it looked 3-D. Never seen this much silking on one (I think that's what you call it). One last test. Figured it would sound good, just like the rest I've played. One strum and I couldn't believe how open this thing sounded, so responsive (light as a feather, too), didn't have a pick so I was just strumming with my fingernail. It sounded great fingerpicked and strummed.

Well...it chipped away at me all night last night and I had to go back by today and play it again, with a pick. It excelled again, and I couldn't resist.... 2012 Martin D-18!

Betty Lou (D28 marquis) is not amused...LOL

Tried to get a good shot of the silking in the next two pics...

The top is not that bright, must be the light, darkest top I've seen...

The Fam

Oh yeah, I got one of those tuners...they're cool. Haha!

Trying to get a sound sample uploaded so y'all can give it a listen.