View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

I am sure the Boucher would be wonderful from everything I have read and heard online. I will never own one because of the shallow neck profile...at least shallow to me by their measurements. I own two CEO-7s. I no longer own a rosewood guitar but I have had several that were fantastic over the years. My ear changed and started gravitating towards the more direct, woody tone of mahogany. The Martins are the best deal in town for a Mahogany/Adi 00 size with the GE bracing if you like the neck. I have never understood why anyone would not like that neck, but that is just me. I actually wish it were a bit thicker in 1st position, but that is the same with my Collings CJ35 and that is being very picky. With all the hate on Martin lately (binding and such)...and I am right with them, these guitars are just a great deal.

By the way, I have one with the original Hog and I bought a new one in 2022. Looks like Hog but it is whatever sippo according to this forum. They both sound great. Here is a sample from both. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9besoqFbbI&t=48s