View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sky View Post
My onboard Fishman has been acting up. It cuts in and out, and randomly goes dead. A known good battery doesn't help. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet but I have a simple question.
If I condemn the pre-amp and decide to use a pedal such as the BOSS AD-2, would I simply connect the two wires from the pickup to the two wires of the guitar output jack?
I really want to get the electric side of this guitar to be totally reliable.
Thanks for your time!
Hi Dark Sky…
I'm not sure how to change it out. My Olson (32 years old in 2024) has worn 4 different pickup rigs in those 32 years.

I just had a tech change it out. And one of the last conversions was to take the active electronics out and put in a passive pickup, which I run through an external preamp (now a ToneDexter for the past 5 years) to the board/amp.

Reliability is imperative to many of us, and the repair may be a simple loose wire, or it may be a pickup system failing. Hope you find a reliable answer…

I noticed you've been hanging around collecting 'wisdom' without commenting for a couple years!!! Good on you for jumping in…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…