View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 09:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPlayer View Post
To add if you are on more of a budget but still want a good small amp, you could look at the Bugera AC60 2-Channel Acoustic Instrument Combo Amplifier (60W, 1x8"). It punches way above its $230 (shipped) price.
+1 for the Bugera. It's a ridiculous amount of value for the price, is handy and perfect for home practice, is a great choice as a monitor and has XLR out (as well as line out) for connecting to a larger system. If budget were a consideration it'd be a great way to dip your toe in it. I forgot mine at a friend's house in another city just before the pandemic, and she liked it so much she bought it from me (I replaced mine). She uses it for small gigs and as a monitor for larger ones.

I've used that as well as the orignial S1, the L1 Compact, the Everse 8 and the 30m, the latter being my main ride. All the systems you list are good and there are lots of good recommendations here. In addition to the intangibles about just liking a system, it comes down to where you think you'll be playing and a little guesswork about what happens after that. Fortunately you have your GC visit so that should help narrow it down for you. Fun, and good luck!