View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Default Boucher Guitars ARE that good

I own a Boucher HG 56 12-fret 000 slotted headstock model. The guitar has wide open tone and sounds old and played-in without intentional factory wear and tear done to it.

It was not a guitar I was looking to try when I entered the shop. Collings, Martin, Bourgeois, Atkin, Lowden, and Santa Cruz were. I went home with the Boucher because it sounded the best.

The guitar is also visually stunning with flawless build detail. It is as perfect inside the box as outside, I have looked very closely. It is rare that I do not have to have a setup done on a new guitar. Mine did not need anything. It was perfectly setup off the wall of the shop. Once I got it home I tried a capo. This guitar suffers no ill-effect of using a capo high up the neck.. Every note rings pure and in tune across the 6 strings. That was a pleasant bonus.

I have spent a lot of money over several decades on famous headstock names and have passed on some little-known boutique builderÂ’s guitars that sounded terrific and I finally used only my ears and hands on this one. No regrets.