View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Oh boy where to start
First the kind of equipment ?

Well for starters one of if not the single most important factors is not equipment (per.se.) looks like she is sitting in a multi hundred thousand purpose built recording studio live room So lets say $500k to $1.5 million minimum

Second she is sitting in front of a pair of outstanding microphones
They are : (I believe)
On the left (camera view) either a vintage Telefunken ELAM 251 Tube mic Likely north of $10k -$12 k or a good modern replica of a 251 likely $4k to $6

On the right looks like Neumann U87 FET mic either vintage $4500 and up or a modern U87 Ai $3500

From there impossible to know the rest of the chain but based on the room and mics Could be being tracked into something like a NEVE or similar high end console say $150k and up (depending on size) or into any number of great outboard preamps, EQ,s and Compressors all likely $3000 k and up per unit

And Yes sounds like a good bit of reverb but clean reverb so maybe something like the hardware Bricasti M7 or Quantec ?

Yes I also sincerely doubt you going to anywhere near that kind of sound with pickup system

And lastly the second video looks like might be the same guitar BUT as for the difference in sound one need only look at the room she is in for starters, and then likely everything else from there

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 04-28-2024 at 12:16 PM.