Thread: K&K: WWTT ?!?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by negriljerry View Post
As in, What Were They Thinking? For the K&K Sound Pure XLR preamp, no 9V adapter jack? Only power source is phantom or battery?
Hi negriljerry
I've owned a slightly different version of your K&K Preamp (it's two channel for the dual source Pure mini plus internal mic). But similar designed housing.

Here's a really simple fix for the screws…

I just pulled the screws and tossed them in the junk drawer.

Pulled out a roll of painter tape and taped the sides shut…I renew it when it wears out.

That way I can get into the case in about 5 seconds and adjust tone, output gain and 'pot' adjustment tool (tool is velcroed to the inside of the case). And I can seal it up a few times before I need to change the tape.

K&K also labeled the knobs and jacks on the TOP of the 'box' without repeating them on the end , so I just wrote the names under jacks and knobs with a Sharpie…by the way that box design was in use more than 25 years back.

When I asked them back then about external power, there really wasn't the thought of adding a jack on it. If they had, K&K would have likely wired it such that we'd have to buy their charger…so I'm just as glad they didn't.

Mine's so old their labels all fell off, so I'm glad I wrote them onto the case.

They are capable and quiet preamps. Just not a ton of features or output options.

So I carry a passive direct box to run from guitar-->pre-->DI box-->PA/Amp

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…