View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizz View Post
It is still something of a postulate since several from the target group you judge here have already written that it does not worry them much, why not respect that? Just because someone has a huge problem with it doesn't mean that others also see it that way. Are several of those who have a big problem with this then people who don't buy a guitar to keep it, but spend too much energy focusing on resale? That would be a shame. I know people who have had a guitar for 30-40 years and never complained about the repairs it needed because they were happy with it. If everything is only about reselling, then it is sad. We all lose money on instruments and that's how it's always been....
I don't disrespect owner opinions, and I would never suggest that resale value has much to do with anyone's purchasing decisions. I relate only to what my feelings would be when binding comes loose on any guitar. Conversely, I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't have a passing second thought about spending a couple of thousand dollars if they knew in advance that what they were looking at had a much higher statistical probability of problems with structural integrity.

YMMV.

I purchased a Lowden 023c new, kept it for 20 years thinking that someday I might change my mind about it. I sold it for twice what I paid, so "we all loose money" isn't always true.