View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
There isn't one single armrest. They make many shapes. Go on their website and print out the paper template, cut it out and see if you like which one fites best for you.

I am a *HUGE* advocate for JP armrests. I have them in all my acoustic guitars. They even registered me with an "artist" discount (my one endorsement claim lol).

Anyway, I love them but I strongly caution you on this one: This 3M adhesive *WILL* attack Martin's nitrocellulose finish I had one and it started harming the surface after about 9 months. I know because I removed the and saw it. Also, the nitro is softer so its easier to damage the finish when removing (a separate type of finish damage).

So.......

I love them but I would suggest you NOT put one on a Martin
I am not sure about the Martin finish comment above, but printing out the template(s) is a great idea. I have removed them but can attest that they may mar the finish. Some no problem, others very problemmatic. I believe there is a statement on JP's website that says they should be considered permanent.

I have used them and they work as advertised. They will increase sustain and volume from most guitars.They also make the edge on the upper bout more comfortable

There is ARC custom armrests that can be ordered to exactly fit your guitar. They are a little espensive. https://my-arc.ca/