View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L20A View Post
There is nothing like a cup inside my guitar.
Get that out asap.

If your baritone is new, be prepared for trouble removing the Bass B string bridge pin.
They are wedged in there and don't want to come out.

Most everyone that I know of that has a Guild Baritone has had to replace at least one bridge pin on the first string change.

I replaced all of the pins with brass pins at first but a year later, I went with bone pins.
Yes, I am going to have to remove all the strings to get the cup out so I will anticipate the pin problem. And with the little bag that had all the goodies in it, it had extra pins, so I assume guild knows about the problem. I contacted my luthier and he said the cup probably held a wet sponge. The guitar may have had a cracking problem that was re glued and they forgot to take the plastic bowl out when the drying process was done. I called and emailed Guild about this and have not heard anything back from them. He also said it would be a good idea to look inside the guitar body with a flexible mirror to inspect what might be an issue. So I bought a telescopic mechanics mirror and flexible light from Harbor Frieignt and when I take the strings off I will inspect the inside to see if anything is going on there. I never thought of doing that when I buy a guitar but is probably a good way to inspect an older guitar for problems before they become a major issue. Now I wouldn't be doing this at all since I bought the guitar from guitar center and can return it, but I really like the sound and action on it, just the way it is.