View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Thanks guys!

I have had a chance to play this some more and I am very impressed. After a minor setup, it really plays and sounds great! I do believe I'll be keeping this one.

What happened to the Sweetwater candy? My last two orders had none!
I have never played the Epi version of the "57" J200 nor its higher priced Gibson kin. The lack of interest is not any kind of a statement on the qualities of those guitars but simply reflects the fact we have had a 1960 J200 in the house for something just over two decades. What leaves me scratching my head though is affixing the "57" year to both the Epi and Gibson versions. Beginning in 1951, the J200 began sporting a bracing which was unique to that model. They were bult with a scary wide angle X brace above and below the soundhole with the center of the X positioned less than 1" from it, two ladder mounted tone bars, and a long bridge plate. Not a good or a bad thing but different enough to make the originals special guitars which are not comparable to anything else out there. I guess though that the marketing team or whomever decides such things thought "57" just had a nice ring to it. k.