View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Like the old saying goes, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

It's "nothing like a real poll" and everything like a real problem for those that notice that loose waist binding after spending a whole bunch of money.

Yes, I took a statistics & probabilities class, and I do know these topics aren't rooted in good sampling techniques.

BUT... AGF has a broad number of guitar owners of MANY brands who frequent this website. If you didn't know, AGF did indeed have it's initial formation as the Unofficial Taylor Forum.

If you base your comments on relatively disgruntled owners than there should be a commensurate number of posts from owners of other brands. Where are they?

If you base your comments on the number of guitars sold then there should be at least twice as many "Loose binding on my Taylor" topics.

Marginalization of the degree of importance in these topics as being due to "skewed percentages" just doesn't hold any water.

I'd also postulate that all of the "no big deal" responses are based on those who haven't felt the sting of working hard to purchase a not inexpensive guitar and then having to pay more money and do without a possibly favorite instrument, sometimes for a very LONG time. Very few of those "repaired" guitars come out unscathed, and often are devalued accordingly when it's time to sell.

It's not a "small detail" to many owners, and it's unfortunate that desiring to purchase a Martin might lead to an bitter aftertaste. I love the "idea" of proud ownership of a historically important brand, but the reality sometimes proves to be something entirely different for many.
Perfectly stated!
Kremona Kiano
Ramsay Hauser
Cordoba C10
Chris Walsh Archtop
Gardiner Concert
Taylor Leo Kottke
Gretsch 6120
Pavan TP30
Aria A19c
Hsienmo MJ

Ukuleles: