View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
I agree. If I'm paying money to see a band perform live, I expect them to perform live. Those Millie Vanilli dudes were run out of Dodge for faking it and now everybody thinks it's okay for the Eagles.

It's fake, cheap, crooked and cowardly.
How do you really feel? However, there has been no validation that there has been any behavior remotely similar to Milli Vanilli - or that it has occurred outside the claims of some internet conspiracy poster at all.

I've found this love-hate pitchfork response to one individual's internet conspiracy/post extremely funny especially since most of the vitriol has been directed at how much money they might be making. It seems far more like some type of resentment that a band (whatever band) that has been around over 50 years and deserved every benefit of releasing albums and selling over 200 million records should not be able to continue working until they decide to retire. I don't believe anyone here would do their job, whatever it is, for 50 years and then stay working for free. This response happens a lot with acting, music and sports. Many bystanders and spectators don't understand ( and dislike) why so-and-so makes so much money for what they do. Why care? If people stop paying to see them, they'll retire. Until then.......... rock on.