View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 08:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThru View Post
I'm getting new hearing aids on May 2nd. I will be bringing an acoustic with me for the audiologist to tweak the Music setting for me. I still remember what a Martin sounds like in my hands. I want to bring a wooden Martin with me to the appointment. Problem, I don’t have a Martin with me in the RV.

I do have several options.

Buy one from Guitar Center and return it after the appointment.

Buy one and keep it (like this one best) darn the RV humidity control issues. I would just keep it in the case with humidipaks and play it like I owned it.

Just bring my McPherson Sable.

To buy and keep, I’m just an over the hill singer/songwriter and that appreciates the Martin feel and sound. Torn between the D and 000 in an 18 or 28. Still trying to decide if a modern deluxe is the way to go.

Any performing would be at open mikes or busking.

Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.
I'd say you're buying the wrong hearing aids.

The pair I bought, made by Jabra, have a music setting on them, and it makes all the difference in the world.

They were recommended to me by an old friend who is an avid guitar player, and die-hard Martin guitar fan.

The problem that many hearing aids have is that they don't have a setting that allows ambient noise, and THOSE are the sounds that make playing an acoustic guitar enjoyable.

Most have noise-gates which cancel all the quiet, extraneous sounds so that speech is easier to hear.

If I need to 'hear' what someone is saying I'll read their lips, but don't mess with my guitar tonality perception:-)

Best regards,
Howard Emerson