View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=KevWind;7441274]
Quote:
Ah , so again it's hard to compare unless the files are in the output"platform (not just the same playback device) Say for example if you downloaded the YT video and imported into your song project. then you would at least have eliminated one variable

In point of fact always advisable to import any "reference" track into your session/song to be closer to apples to apples ...

But in terms of you stated intentions for the project (below) likely need to do that because you will not be competing in say the Youtube world where the comparative LUFS is more of a factor ..

Ah so assuming your song is in WAV format
and you like way it sounds you might just export it to the format you are going to use in your car and or what your brother will use and call it good.

OR

Noted Ok so there is a Mastering section right in studio one,you might just play around with that if it has a good look ahead brick wall limiter you can start with that.... But note one needs to be carful because while it will keep your final outputs from clipping you can still be below clipping BUT causing distortion, if the rest of mix is brought up too much
(Subtle barely noticeable) is the key notion,,, such that you notice more as being gone a bit when you bypass as opposed hearing it actively when engaged.

I self mastered this for YouTube and the brick wall limiter is only boosting 2-3 db I believe

Yes, I hope and expect that when I go to the mastering step the changes caused by mastering will be small.

There’s a nice cohesion to the instruments in your song, and the vocal sits right where you’d want it.
2019 Martin D-18, LR Baggs Element VTC
2021 Gibson 50s J-45 Original, LR Baggs Element VTC