View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 11:20 AM

I use an Apollo Twin X with Logic Pro. Doug gave some great info as to what may be your issue. My thoughts are: I never use the UAD REC function, always just leave things with UAD MON enabled. I will assume you are plugging in your guitar to one of the preamp inputs on the back of the unit. Or, perhaps you are connected into the front guitar direct input. I will also assume you have your headphones plugged into the Apollo headphone output on the front. Make sure your input for guitar matches your type of input, either line or mic. I don’t know what your level of knowledge about how the console software acts in relation to your DAW (Garageband), and this is where I still get confused. Think of the UAD Console as more of a way of routing the sound for monitoring. The recording function happens in Garageband. In the Console, I recommend muting any unused inputs. Granted, my setup is different, because I have things connected using ADAT from my outboard converter, which is way more complicated, especially since I route hardware effects through. It gets very frustrating sometimes. But your setup seems very simple to me, but it is hard to troubleshoot your issue here in a thread. In your case, it sounds like you may be hearing more of a doubled sound through your headphones while recording. This could be because your console settings are routing more than just what is being recorded to your headphones while recording. You should be hearing the same recorded sound as your monitored sound. If not, the problem is most likely a doubled signal. Make sure you disable software monitoring in Garageband. If that doesn’t solve the problem, make sure to start from scratch with a new Console window and Garageband project. Keep things as simple as possible in your settings. I would also recommend using a microphone instead of plugging direct. I don’t think you’ll be happy with a plugged in sound, mic’ed is almost always better.

Last edited by Rick Shepherd; 04-07-2024 at 12:09 PM.