View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 04:37 AM

I waited for the Enya Nova Go Mini to become available at my local amazon.nl because I didn't want to put up with import taxes and all that.

Amazon took their time but last week it was finally up for sale and so I ordered one.

The guitar arrived 3 days ago and as reported previously I am afraid it is not very good.

The action on mine actually is not that bad. It is too high for me but no different than any other acoustic guitar straight out of the box.
The null fret is indeed larger than the normal frets but I have owned other guitars with this feature and they all had it like that. So I think this is normal and it does not bother me.

What is really bad is the intonation. At the 12th fret the fretted note is very sharp compared to the flageolet. I noticed that the saddle is tilted, resulting in a string length that is shorter than it should be. This is probably the cause of the bad intonation.
I will try to straighten the saddle when I switch the strings to a 09-45 set for A tuning.

Another issue is that the guitar won't stay in tune. I have stretched the strings and 3 days later it still keeps going out of tune. What is the advantage of composite material if it cannot even achieve tuning stability?

Edit: I also just heard something rattling when I hit the open E string. Which is strange since there are no electronics inside. The guitar does seem to have some kind of bracing inside. I hope it is not a loose bracing part.

To end on a tiny positive note, this guitar produces way more volume than its small size would indicate.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089

Last edited by mountainmaster; 03-30-2024 at 06:53 AM.