View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
My guitars always wear their straps and capos, in or out of the case. Each case also has picks. If I'm heading out with an instrument I throwa Cooperstand and an electronic tuner in. I used to keep a tuner in each case, but the off-gassing VOC's in most cases was breaking down the plastic tuner bodies making them soft and sticky.

Also, both my Martins have a 3.5 mm Tapastring Vintage jack, so each of their cases also have right angle 3.5 mm X 1/4" straight plugs that I made up.

IF I'm going to an open Mic or a gig I bring my separate "open mic den mother kit" - a medium sized foam lined Harbor Freight case with a handle and shoulder strap. It contains spare picks for mandolin and guitar, spare tuners and batteries, spare preamp with batteries, a couple dynamic mics, assorted 1/4" and XLR cables and splitters and adapters, a flashlight, multi-bit screwdriver, leatherman, various adapters for cables, an AC extension cord, electrical tape and zip ties.

I never use some of this stuff - it's for the newbies/forgetful players and when gigging, contains the stuff that our main sound/equipment guy never thinks about.
Good den mother bag!

I also throw in a new set of strings, which I almost always have on hand. It's the one thing that I can do to virtually assure I won't break a string, although it's been years since I've had a string break.