View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 12:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Absolutely knocking it out of the park!
I had to go back in the photos to see if maybe I'd missed the part where the neck and fretboard had been carved out of one solid piece!!
Stunning!

On another note, I've seen solid necks on electric guitars, could it be done on an acoustic with the added string tension?
I know there'd be a heap of wasted timber as part of the process, but it gets the mind wondering!!
Actually, disregard, you wouldn't be able to have a truss rod in there.
Thanks for that Yeah it came out looking like a single piece amd I would love to say that it was intentional...but I was only lucky on this one.

Solid neck would only work if it was something similar to what Iulius guitars neck system is. He basicaly has an electric style neck on an acoutic body, from then on a simple skunk stripe would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I was just going over the thread again and realized by using the kerfed inner laminate of basswood, you do not need to add a sperate liner later. That seems to be a cool idea for sure, but wondering having the basswood thick enough for that to occur, does it add quite a bit of weight to the rim?
It adds weight for sure, but not as much as you would think, hence the use of basswood. I would like to experiment with some different timbers, like poplar or maybe spruce/pine/fir in the future. And if so I will definitelly dedicate a thread to that