View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintj View Post
Swap the reverb send and return cables and repeat the bump test to see if you get a crash. It's not unheard of for a tank to get damaged in shipping. Make sure the foam shipping blocks aren't still packed in the tank as well.
Already tried the cable swap. But, those foam blocks are sitting there... I just removed them and it did not fix the problem. I'm getting a spare 12AX7 tomorrow too and am going to try replacing the tubes on either side of the tank. BTW, the tank input is roughly 1+ ohms and the output side ~200 ohms. I think it is OK. I'll try swapping tubes next. The volume of the tank "crash" is also way off from my expectations (too quiet). The reverb has a lot of hum too as I turn it up. I wonder if the triode on the reverb return side has a short between its cathode and its filament.

I guess having only one output tube was enough to get sound yesterday, but two is way better :~).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 02-18-2024 at 08:51 AM.