View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I love the Taylor Guitars Company, for the guitars I've bought from them and for the excellent customer service they've rendered to me more than once. I also appreciate the craftsmanship and fit and finish their guitars have featured for so many years.

With that understood, I feel like their visual aesthetic has dramatically moved away from me, to where I rarely see one of their guitars that I find appealing. That and the constantly changing kaleidoscope of features, shape, and wood changes, and their strong integrating of reclaimed wood into the regular lines have made me an outsider who can no longer distinguish or recommend any model because I have no frame of reference.

It is all very disappointing.

Bob
Criminy, Bob, you've enumerated every single point that I have outlined over the past decade that has left me wanting, or at the very least scratching my head. I have Taylors from the 2000s, and RTaylors, and to this day I have not found any "new" Taylor that can dethrone the tone and playability of what I own. From their Road Shows to even the factory showroom on numerous occasions, nothing they have created have excited my hands or ears, nothing. And sadly to the contrary, Since Andy Powers, they have steadily moved away from what I prefer (except for the 2013 LTDs, those are amazing!). Oh well. Great company that I still have awesome respect for. Just nothing that they've built gets my attention. Maybe they built the earlier ones too well and now can't do better, LOL!

Edward