Thread: Sexauer '24
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 01:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kraus View Post
Hello Palladio,
I thought your name sounded familiar, and it just came to me when I read your in you last post that you sere in NYC, must be the same person that used to go in to Mandolin Brothers. You made a nice post in The Gear Page Forum about how much you liked one of my guitars there about 10 or 15 years ago. Welcome to the AGF!.
This sure is some nice Brazilian rosewood being used in your new Sexauer. Congratulations on the new incoming guitar.
Bill, you have a keen memory! Oh how I miss my pilgrimages on the Staten Island Ferry, passing Lady Liberty on my voyage to Mandolin Brothers. I'd spend all day playing guitars then go to a great Italian restaurant, before making the trip back to Manhattan. Makes me sad in a way, that all good things must come to an end. I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since Stan passed, and maybe 25 since Flip Scipio left to start his own shop. I will forever be grateful to have had the chance to get to know and learn from both of them - two of the all time greats in the vintage guitar world.

I mostly went to Mandolin Bros. to try out vintage guitars, and then drop off some of mine for Flip to work his magic. However the two non-vintage guitars there that I still remember as being exceptional were yours and one by Kevin Kopp.

Ok, sorry for going off topic down memory lane.....back to Bruce's world!

Last edited by Palladio; 01-10-2024 at 01:24 AM.