View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Zoom is on a bit of a quest to find the perfect blend of technology combined with an EASY user interface. I look at the R4 as a progression upward from their R12, with color touch screen & "transport" controls like an old cassette recorder. There have been many comments from actual purchasers as well as potential purchasers about "essential" user features that they removed from earlier models when they rolled out the R12.

The R4 is an admirable new model, especially considering its under $200 price point.
I opted for the R20 over the 12 for the larger touchscreen. I find it not as useful or friendly as hoped for. Much of the “pinch squeeze” functions I find tedious on that sized screen, and prefer using my laptop’s full screen and mouse or trackpad. If I want delicate fingerpicking, I prefer a guitar over any device! Cell phones are different. Slightly larger, but for me the real difference is holding it in one hand and pecking with the other. Makes it much easier that laying stationary on a desk and pecking and pinching…

The R4 did away with touchscreens, and is all mechanical interface. I suspect that was customer survey and market analysis driven.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7