View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 10:49 AM

Another quick and dirty comparison with my Hummingbird and K&K Trinity. I'm getting ready to tear down my acoustic board to put the TDII on there so I wanted to capture what I had previously. I've been pretty pleased with this setup other than the fact that neither the K&K blender nor Redeye (mine is older) were set up for wired 9V power and had to be modified a bit to put battery clip adapters into them. Just extra complication and stuff that could fail (but never has).

First take is the K&K blender with no mic, into tuner, reverb (off), then a RedEye with the treble set somewhere below halfway.

Second take is the same as above but with the mic turned up to about 40%ish. There's some fizz in this recording that I have noticed recently when I play this through our church PA. I don't remember it before a few months ago but I'm betting my power adapter(s) situation is the culprit.

Third take is TDII with a bit of internal mic in the blend. There's a LITTLE bit of hollowness that I hear when listening back to back like this, but I think the EQ is pretty close on this.

Kopp K-35 Walnut / Tunnel 14