View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 08:55 AM

Aw, cr@p. I had the herringbone rosette inlaid and nearly perfect, then got too confident and broke out the palm sander and sanded through the herringbone ring. Even worse, I also cut out the sound hole.

The two outer BWBWB rings are still perfect though but there's no covering up the middle herringbone ring with the pick guard; it's on the other side of the sound hole from where that would work.

Let me include a picture. The angle and resolution isn't the best but it doesn't meet my standards. It may be temporary given my history with hosting sites:

Fortunately, the top is still clamped to the work board so the relative position of the center hole hasn't changed and I can remount the circle cutting jig and still have it centered and not having things move around in relation to one another. I can also use the cutout as a leveling guide.

Unfortunately, I need to order another $17 rosette and I've made 2 purchases from Stewmac in the past week which my wife has already complained about. I may need to walk away from this for a few days until cooler heads preside.