View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPower16 View Post
Would you consider the Taylor GS mini to be a parlor-sized Taylor? Or is this “travel guitar” size? What’s the difference?

You stated that the GC has a full sized body and a travel scale length. Do you think that the tone of the GT (less rich than a GC in my opinion) is driven by the short scale length more than the body size/depth? I always assumed it was primarily body size that had the greatest influence on tone.
I would consider the GSM to be a budget quality travel guitar and nothing more. Laminated woods, less quality tops and necks, etc... I believe you mentioned solid woods before, so this would not be in that rank. Parlors are also typically 12 fret, though of course there are 0 bodies and some specialty guitars like the SCGC Firefly.

The GT no doubt has a full sized body (15", same as traditional 000/OM and deeper than an OM), but has a ridiculously short neck. I believe this is why it falls way short in the tone category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff_the_stiff View Post
Baby Taylor, GS mini, GT are little guitars.
The GC is a normal sized guitar very close to a 000 Martin.
The 12 fret GC is a great guitar.
The GT is not a little guitar. It has the same volume (same lower bout, slightly less upper bout, but deeper body) as an OM! I am not sure (and not going to check), but it might even have more geometric volume than the GC, which no one disputes is full size. The older 90's GC with 25.5" necks were among Taylors finest among all models they ever produced.