View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 05:20 PM

Default Help me decide - Collings 001 or 0001. 12 Fret

I’ve really been leaning hard on you folks lately, many apologies. First it was with help finding a 00-18 12 fret style guitar. Then it was hitting a price point and feedback on a Collings 001.

Well as it turns out I think I’m going all in on Collings (my Eastman all but sold atm) and there are two very nice Collings on the market right now, both 12 frets 001 and 0001, with the 0001 being slightly better priced.

Essentially it’s down to a few specs - the slightly larger body size and the different scale lengths (24.9 vs 25.5). This will be my only guitar and I’m familiar with both styles of guitar (had a few 000 12 full scale guitars) but more recently honed in on short scale 00s. I go back and forth on finger style and strumming, although not heavy strumming.

I guess my quandary is - it’s been a while since I’ve owned a full scale guitar and for some reason I’m apprehensive about it but I might be over reacting. Right? I mean these instruments must be extremely similar that either are likely to be excellent choices. Realistically if I thought the playability of the 0001 was a little challenging then custom lights could be a gamer changer?

Anyone have experienced between the two models? Can anyone provide any insight/direction?