View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 01:58 AM
Charter Member

So the S6 has a bone saddle now and the Entourage a Tusq saddle? Is that right? And they have two different string sets?

The difference in bass richness you are hearing could be right there!

The mahogany neck on the Seagull S6 is "unusual". I think that they are only used on the solid wood series guitars now. The "Original" model S6 has a maple neck.

The "wild cherry" plywood on these guitars is made from 3 equal thickness layers glued together. The two outer layers are cherry but the middle layer is actually maple. All are rotary cut. Personally, I think that it is a brilliant material for guitar backs and sides. The cherry really rounds out and strengthens the fundamental tones and there's that bell like ring of maple going on too.

I have only owned spruce top Seagull and A&L guitars but I have played my friends cedar topped S6 and it is a much dryer tone - really nice sound. My spruce topped ones have been a bit more "in your face" but then so is my playing!!!

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.