View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh View Post
I suddenly have the bug to replace my D-76 that I sold years ago in a moment of poverty. I am pretty well sure I want a new HD 35 but now Martin is coming out with the reimagined hd 35 with the x brace moved forward. This is supposed to give it more bass. Martin is going to have a show out here Sept 23. Should I wait?

P.S.S. I'd love to try a reimagined HD 35 before I make my final decision but no one has one here in Los Angeles.
I suggest you hold off until you can play the HD35. The way I've experienced it, forward shifted bracing adds highs through additional resultant harmonics, not increased bass. But note that I'm speaking in generalities and the new HD35 might be different and there may be some increased bass. FWIW I've always thought that the regular D35 (in that price range) had plenty of everything.

As far as nobody having the HD35 in your area, you're talking about a $3000+ instrument. If you can't find one in LA I suggest you locate a store that has one or more (probably Sweetwater) and spend $300 for a plane ticket to the store and try them for yourself. LA has a 9.25% sales tax, so if you bought it in LA the tax itself might be as much or more as a plane ticket... or at least greatly subsidize the travel cost. JMO
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS