View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:33 AM

Default The new reimagined hd 35 vs new 2015 hd 35

I suddenly have the bug to replace my D-76 that I sold years ago in a moment of poverty. I am pretty well sure I want a new HD 35 but now Martin is coming out with the reimagined hd 35 with the x brace moved forward. This is supposed to give it more bass. Martin is going to have a show out here Sept 23. Should I wait? Will the difference be that big of a deal? And, I've looked at other guitars (Taylor, Santa Cruz) and I have not been that impressed unless you start looking at the higher end guitars like Goodall. McCabes had a great Goodall on the wall for years (finally sold) but for one thing, it was selling for $5000.00 and another, while it's sound was perfect it did not have the bassy quality of the D35 or hd35. What I liked about it was how much easier it was to push the strings down. I think to get a similar sound to a Martin HD 35 and get more bass I'd have to add another five grand to the price tag and get something with Brazilian Rosewood. I'd just as soon keep the price tag down. Your thoughts?

P.S. No. I don't want to buy another D-76. I'm learning that if someone did not take very good care of their Martin, it starts to sound washed out. (And by the way, why is that?)

P.S.S. I'd love to try a reimagined HD 35 before I make my final decision but no one has one here in Los Angeles.