View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Default A 'downsized' CF is back in the stable - NGD - Rainsong H-OM1000

A little over a year ago, I purchased my first CF guitar (used Rainsong H-WS1000) from a member here. It far surpassed my expectations of tone and playability. Unfortunately, the more I play (and older I get) I find myself preferring smaller sized guitars. The WS fell into this category and so I traded it for another guitar (one made of wood ).

After a couple months of missing my Rainsong, I called Ted from LA Guitar Sales and started asking questions about the OM size and the differences amongst the C-CH-H-CO versions. Three phone calls later, I decided to sell my Taylor T5 and get a CF guitar back in the stable.

I am absolutely ecstatic with my decision. Although the OM lacks a little depth that the WS size brings to the table, the overall sound is astonishingly balanced. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and cannot get over how much the size has changed my playing time. It is nothing for me to sit for a few hours without any soreness. My fingers give out before my arm or shoulder does. I have drank the CF kool-aid and will NEVER be without one!

Thank you Ted and all my fellow CF owners. I've read countless threads in this section and am grateful for the knowledge and stories that everyone shares.

The proof...