View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
No. The technical requirements needed to generate a particular pitch on the instrument, on any instrument, are not relevant. I am speaking to the relationship between an instrument's generated pitch (however than is accomplished on that instrument) and the printed note/pitch in standard music notation. This applies to all pitches from the instrument, in a relative sense when compared to pitches created by other instruments.
Oki, I think that I was unclear. So, similarly to how something is transposed on a guitar by capoing to a fret, so a first position "C" chord played at Capo 2d will sound as a D, changing the key but also allowing something to be played in a different key from the written charts or tab without changing the fingering. So the same fingering on a Bb as opposed to a C will sound different notes as you move up the scale within the key.

I think that I get it without necessarily articulating it well. Learn something new every day. (No, really. Learn something new every day. No one person knows everything worth knowing, so there is always more to know)

Thanks.