Thread: Thalia Capo's
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 08:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
Question for anyone that owns this type of capo. Do you have issues with the strings going sharp when you put it on? I got mine for Christmas and I thought they advertised it won't change your tuning. I tried it when I first got it. However I just checked it before installing it and after and it was dead on. I was at a jam the other night and someone was tuning there guitar after they put the capo on. I thought, let me check mine. All the strings were sharp. I tried it on a few other guitars and I tried different fret pads. Same results to different degrees. It's not a big deal but I'm glad I am aware of it. Just wondering if this is common thing. Thank you kindly.
Jim, hi, how have you been? As others have mentioned, I standardized on the G7 Performance model. It's the only one I've used that would not change the pitch when I applied it during a show. HOWEVER, this is important: The one you want is NOT the Performance 2 (current model), but original Performance 1. They really cheapened up the P2 (I've told them this to their face) and, in experience at least, it's not half the capo that the P1 is.

They are hard to find. I looked on eBay and at the moment none are for sale. Worth tracking down though. When I found out they dropped the P1 from their lineup about three years ago, I bought eight (8) of them on eBay. Yeah, I'm a maniac.

Hope this helps. Take care.....

scott