View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM

I have a Sigma DM-?V, can't read what it says inside. See- http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ght=Sigma+DM-4... So I contacted Martin support to see if they could give me a link to Sigma info and this is the reply I got.
--------------------------
"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Martin Guitar.

The Sigma program was initiated in 1970, and Sigma guitars were manufactured in Japan. Sigma instruments are now manufactured in Korea or Taiwan and imported by Martin to serve the lower priced markets. Each Sigma instrument is brought into the Martin factory to be inspected and adjusted by Martin personnel before going to the authorized retail store for retail sale. Martin has introduced the "Second Generation" Sigma’s with solid tops and extended warranties. As of September17, 1984, all solid top Sigma’s offered a limited lifetime warranty to the registered original owner. All Sigma guitars are constructed with laminated (ply) backs and sides. Sigma banjos and mandolins also constructed with laminated (ply) backs and sides.

The Martin Company does not keep Sigma serial number records; therefore, Sigma’s guitars and Mandolins cannot be accurately dated. We no longer import the Sigma brand."

Best Regards,
Leslie

Leslie S. Mammele
Customer Service
C.F. Martin & Co., Inc.
510 Sycamore Street
Nazareth, Pa. 18064
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

<mailto:[email protected]>