View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Stewart and Danny - welcome to the world of sticking your neck out for all the world to take a shot at. You are not the first, and I'm confident you won't be the last. When a funny looking guitar made by Fylde came to the attention of the AGF, you wouldn't believe the comments (actually maybe you would after reviewing the comments you have received) about a guitar made from reclaimed oak from 60 year old whiskey barrels. How could this funny looking guitar possibly sound good. The burn marks on the reclaimed Oregon Pine were just a gimmick. Someone dared to be different. But the guitar world is very fortunate to have luthiers that dare to be different. And being different, or innovative, is what leads to future improvements. I have no idea what your Blueberry guitar sounds like. My thoughts on the appearance of the guitar are exactly that -my thoughts. Some folks are quite vocal on expressing their thoughts. Perhaps that is what forums are all about. As you can tell from the above note, I do not post very often. But I just wanted to assure you that you are both very welcome to this forum, and you both have every right to be proud of your guitar. I am very proud and content with my funny looking whiskey barrel guitar, and if I am the only one that feels that way - SO WHAT!