View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 08:46 AM

Well, mapletrees, of course I don't want to throw away money on a crappy guitar! Thats why I was asking.

I always thought squires were junk, somebody recently told me otherwise, so I was just wondering if people on the forum consider them worthless, or what.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about electrics... What goes bad on them anyway? The tuners? The pivkups are junk, can't you swap them out? But I guess after swapping out for better pickups, I guess you might as well have paid more for a mexi. Then people swap for better pickups later in those, because nobody thinks much of the pickups that come in the mexi.

You know, everybody who isn't informed looks at a price tag to determine quality. There are people who will tell you that you are throwing your money away if you buy a mexi, that you should at LEAST go for a standard American made.

I wasn't as offended as this makes it sound, truly.... I am sure you weren't calling me stupid! By the way, I have now talked to other folks, and they say the Johnsons are crap and whoever told me different is wrong. Maybe I could find a used Mexi, its just that money has become pretty tight this year....you know....he really wants his own guitar and to quit playing Moms... maybe I should check e-bay....I do teach my son about saving up for things he wants, but i'm just thinking Christmas gift, this time...