The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Emerald X20 Any Day!!!!! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681770)

jkstraw 02-13-2024 11:25 AM

New Emerald X20 Any Day!!!!!

My new X20 has been "baked", waiting to hear for when it's done polished up. Any day now!!! Never had a carbon fiber before but I've done taking nice wood guitars on river and desert trips.
Can't wait to see it in the shipping video.
Need to practice.

David Eastwood 02-13-2024 11:31 AM

Congratulations! Hopefully (like many of us here) you will find that it is worthy of domestic play, as well as in the wilderness.

tbeltrans 02-13-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 7408927)
Congratulations! Hopefully (like many of us here) you will find that it is worthy of domestic play, as well as in the wilderness.

I don't think an X20 can be domesticated. That is part of its charm. Put out the litter box and hope for the best. :guitar:

Tony

Captain Jim 02-13-2024 12:58 PM

Exciting times ahead, jkstraw! If your guitar just came out of the mold, it will be a while... and in the words of the philosopher Tom Petty: the waiting is the hardest part.

The X20 is a delightful, versatile guitar - you're gonna love it!

redi 02-13-2024 01:04 PM

Just wait until it has a tracking number. Then you'll be checking where it is 10x/day for a while.

jkstraw 02-13-2024 01:51 PM

ugh

I'm afraid of that, stuck on a **** computer drooling.

jkstraw 02-20-2024 05:01 PM

It's been almost 4 weeks since the guitar got out of the mold. They said expect to hear from them in 2-3 weeks. Should I be anxious? Hell, of course I'm anxious, should I be worried???

David Eastwood 02-20-2024 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstraw (Post 7413637)
It's been almost 45 weeks since the guitar got out of the mold. They said expect to hear from them in 2-3 weeks. Should I be anxious? Hell, of course I'm anxious, should I be worried???

I assume '45 weeks' is a typo. When did you order it?

If you're at all concerned, drop them a line.

Captain Jim 02-20-2024 06:56 PM

Emerald will let you know when it is ready to ship. Time enroute will vary, depending on how many people in US Customs and each shipping point along the way get the guitar out to play it. When I got my X20, a note in the case read, "Great guitar - plays like buttah and has beautiful tone! Your friends in US Customs, NYC Receiving Office"... it was signed by 27 different people.

(Yes, I'm kidding.)

Emile640 02-20-2024 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Jim (Post 7413688)
Emerald will let you know when it is ready to ship. Time enroute will vary, depending on how many people in US Customs and each shipping point along the way get the guitar out to play it. When I got my X20, a note in the case read, "Great guitar - plays like buttah and has beautiful tone! Your friends in US Customs, NYC Receiving Office"... it was signed by 27 different people.

You definitely got me there for a minute.

jkstraw 02-21-2024 09:08 AM

Me too.

Yeah, I fell for that for a second. Yes it’s a typo. It’s been about four weeks and in a few more days I’ll drop them a line. Thanks for the encouragement. I shouldn’t be worried, just anxious obviously. I worry more about customs when I come back from Mexico!🇲🇽

David Eastwood 02-21-2024 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstraw (Post 7413929)
Yeah, I fell for that for a second. Yes it’s a typo. It’s been about four weeks and in a few more days I’ll drop them a line. Thanks for the encouragement. I shouldn’t be worried, just anxious obviously. I worry more about customs when I come back from Mexico!🇲🇽

I know the feeling all too well :)

But, I suspect that you will hear news of the next step very soon. Was there anything unusual about your order which might take them a bit of extra time?

RP 02-21-2024 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Jim (Post 7413688)
Emerald will let you know when it is ready to ship...

I know that you're the captain, and I'm just a grunt; but I've got to disagree. As much as I like Emerald instruments, my experience has been that they don't do very well at consistently (and accurately) letting customers know where their orders are in the production cue and when they've been shipped. I previously ordered an Amicus to be shipped via UPS. After a reasonable amount of time, I was standing in my driveway when a USPS truck pulled up and handed me the package. I was quickly reimbursed for the expedited shipping I'd paid for, but had had no prior notification as to shipment...

David Eastwood 02-21-2024 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 7414104)
I know that you're the captain, and I'm just a grunt; but I've got to disagree. As much as I like Emerald instruments, my experience has been that they don't do a very good of consistently (and accurately) letting customers know where their orders are in the production cue and when they've been shipped. I previously ordered an Amicus to be shipped via UPS. After a reasonable amount of time, I was standing in my driveway when a USPS truck pulled up and handed me the package. I was quickly reimbursed for the expedited shipping, but really had no prior notification as to shipment...

The current system (since at least mid-last year) is much more streamlined, and appears to be automated. I got three notifications after my order - molding, paint and polish, and ready to ship. The next thing I heard was from UPS, and I followed it from there.

RP 02-21-2024 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 7414114)
The current system (since at least mid-last year) is much more streamlined, and appears to be automated. I got three notifications after my order - molding, paint and polish, and ready to ship. The next thing I heard was from UPS, and I followed it from there.

David, maybe both of our situations are outliers, and the norm is somewhere in the middle...